Thursday, January 9, 2014

Would the sixteen year old version of yourself kick your ass now?

Interesting question seen on twitter today. 

Would the sixteen year old version of yourself, kick your ass now?

The answer to that question is yes. 

Reasons why:

1. Sixteen year old me could bench 150, and make it up the stairs without running out of breath.

This then of course got me thinking back to my mindset at age sixteen.  My friends and I use to talk about where we would be around the age I am now.  Most of them said kids, marriage, and boring things like that.  My thoughts at sixteen are below.

First and foremost I thought I'd be single till at least age 30, because I was going to focus on other more important things.

Reality: I married my high school sweetheart at age 21

Second thought, which plays into the first: I figured I would be single so long because of my super successful career as a marketing executive.

Reality: Even though I did get my degree in communications and marketing, I work for an insurance company as a manager. 

Last but not least I thought I would be making at least six figures by now

Reality: I'm about five digits off. :)

Sixteen year old me would be so pissed, but twenty six year old me is okay with it.  The dreams I had weren't bad, but I have a feeling they were slightly encouraged by terrible chick flicks.   In reality I'm happy with the success I've had.  I've been lucky in life so far, but I have to admit I'm still aiming for that six figure idea.  We'll have to just wait and see what 36 year old me has to say about that.




No comments:

Post a Comment