Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Quotes that changed my life

Three quotes come to my mind, that once heard changed my life forever.

1. Life isn't about finding yourself..it's about creating yourself.

So many people are always concerned about "finding themselves."  This quote taught me that only I could  create what I would become.  I wouldn't have the luxury of it falling into my lap.  It's one that has stuck with me throughout the years and I've even added a little tweak to the ending. 
       "Life isn't about finding yourself...it's about creating yourself...and I'm working on a masterpiece :)"

2.  Friends overlook your broken fence and admire your garden

True friends and family never care about your material things on the outside.  This helped out a lot when I was struggling with finances.  Because the true friends were there for the good and the bad...no matter how bad the backyard got...:)

3.  Everything will be okay in the end...if it's not okay...it's not the end.

This is one that to this very day sits on a magnet attached to my work filing cabinet.  Without starring at this quote days upon end I don't think I would have survived 2012-2013.  To date these years were the worst of my life.  I won't go into detail, but it helped believing that no matter how much my life sucked, and no matter what shitty circumstances were thrown my way, it wouldn't end like that. Things would get better.   It's something so silly to believe in but I did then and still do now. 

What quote changed your life?





No comments:

Post a Comment