Monday, January 6, 2014

What I learned from disney movies

Completely random topic, but something I thought about today.  Recently I've read articles complaining that little girls are getting the wrong message from Disney movies.  That the image they get is that girls need to be rescued by a prince to live happily after.  I get why they say that, but in all honestly, that's not at all what I got from watching those movies as a child. 

From little mermaid I learned that being different was okay, and you had to fight for what you wanted, even if it meant going against the grain.  From Beauty and the beast I learned that reading is cool, and knowledge is power.  To this day I strive to have a library as big as Bells in my home.  From Cinderella I learned that no matter how shitty your circumstances are, good things can happen to good people.  From the Lion King I learned that no matter what you did in the past, you always have to keep fighting for a better future.  Last but not least, I learned that I should never settle for someone who doesn't love me as deeply as I do them.  For in all the movies, the prince and princess fight for their lives and love of one another.

Not all will agree, but hey these are my thoughts and this is my blog :)  Comment away.

My favorite princess of course is....



No comments:

Post a Comment