Monday, April 28, 2014

Review of Eleanor & Park



Don't usually do this, but I feel that I owe it to the books that I truly love.  Gotta share them with the world right??

Below is my review of Eleanor & Park.

If I had to summarize it in one sentence: Eleanor & Park made me remember what it was like to be young, naïve and in love.

Rest of the review that I posted on Amazon and Goodreads below:


This story brought me back to high school in such a good way. It reminded me of what young, fresh, new love was like. Brought me back to the butterflies and feelings of angst and anxiety that comes with a brand new crush. Also loved the part about skateland. We had one of those in my hometown and it was where all the "cool kids" went to hang out and hold hands during slow skates.

I always have a softy for gingers, (being one myself lol) which was what made me buy this book and I am so happy I did. Both of the characters in this novel were so well developed, and real. Every situation that happened in the novel was one that I could easily play out in my head. My favorite part was when Park notices she's reading his comics so he then decides to turn the pages more slowly. Just the little things like made this novel amazing. Those little nervous steps we all take at the beginning of a relationship. It's those feelings we forget about and take for granted. This book had me laughing, crying, and always turning the page for more.

This novel brought me back to those moments I had with my first high school boyfriend ,who just happens to have the title of husband now :) So Eleanor & Park it can happen. When you find that one, you just know.

No comments:

Post a Comment